Posted by admin on January 23, 2021
With a busy run of fixtures ahead, Manchester United summer signing Donny van de Beek has been told a temporary exit this month is off the cards, according to ESPN.
The ex-Ajax hero has started just two out of league leaders United’s 19 Prem games so far this season.
Despite his lack of minutes, the 23-year-old is still putting in the hard yards on the training pitch at Carrington, according to Edwin van der Sar.
The former Red Devils and Holland No1 – now chief exec at Ajax – praised his compatriot’s ‘fantastic attitude’ and said there’s ‘no shame at all’ in warming the United bench.
Many have criticised the Dutch midfielder’s choice to come to Old Trafford with Bruno Fernandes already bossing the show in the middle of the park.
Former manager at the Theatre of Dreams, Louis Van Gaal, revealed he didn’t think it was a ‘good choice’.
However, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has given his backing to his unused star as the Norwegian said: “I’ve spoken to him and made him aware of how much we rate him.”
This post was first published on GoalBall.
Copyright © 2019 - | Soccer Only