Posted by admin on January 11, 2021
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer does not expect to make any more signings during the January transfer window, despite several first-team players potentially leaving Old Trafford this month.
The Red Devils finalised the initial £19m signing of Amad Diallo last week having arranged a deal during the final days of the summer window, but that is likely to be their last foray into the winter market.
Solskjaer otherwise expects to trim his squad down this month, with Sergio Romero, Marcos Rojo and Timothy Fosu-Mensah all told that they can leave Old Trafford this month ahead of their contracts expiring this summer.
“I think the signings we made in the summer strengthened the squad really well, good signings and good characters and good players,” Solskjaer said.
“January is always difficult. If something comes up that is a long-term target anyway that is another scenario. But not many teams would like to lose players in January.
Solskjaer added: “It’s unlikely something will happen on the ‘in’ side. There might be two or three going out because they deserve to play more football for their own good and their own careers.”
This post was first published on GoalBall.
Copyright © 2019 - | Soccer Only