Posted by admin on January 22, 2021
Diego Costa has turned down an offer from Turkish side Trabzonspor, according to reports.
The 32-year-old is a free agent after having his contract terminated six months early by Atletico Madrid.
Costa is said to be receiving plenty of interest from Turkey and the Middle East.
But Trabzonspor would appear unlikely to be his next destination, with AS claiming that the Spanish international has turned down a £43,000-a-week contract to sign for the Super Lig side.
The six-time champions offered Costa the security of a three-year contract, but failed to get close to matching his salary demands.
The Spanish outlet claim that the former Chelsea striker was earning around treble Trabzonspor’s offer at Atletico.
While that move would appear unlikely, Costa could still end up in Turkey.
Istanbul-based duo Galatasaray and Besiktas are said to be interested.
And he is also said to have options in Qatar.
Earlier this month, Costa was being considered by Wolves, after the fractured skull suffered by Raul Jimenez last month.
This post was first published on GoalBall.
Copyright © 2019 - | Soccer Only